Home >> PowerPoint Repair
PowerPoint File Repair
A professional PowerPoint repair tool that repairs corrupt PowerPoint files created in MS PowerPoint 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 and restores all the components of the corrupt file in their original form.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000, and NT
- Restores various PowerPoint components, such as text, charts, WordArt objects, etc.
- Feature to perform raw recovery of multiple PPT files
- Recovers the exact contents retaining all previous formatting and styles.
- Writes log of the recovery process
- Supports MS PowerPoint 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
- Key Features
- How to repair
- Data Loss Reasons
Features – PPT Repair Tool
Stellar Phoenix PowerPoint File repair integrates the capabilities of its advanced scanning algorithms with a highly customized user interface to make it an all-inclusive and reliable PPT repair tool. Some remarkable features of the software are:
- Repairs corrupt PowerPoint files of both .ppt and .pptx formats
- Recovers all the PowerPoint presentation objects including text, diagrams, charts, WordArt objects etc.
- Retrieves text effects, themes, Word Art quick styles, indentation, fonts etc.
- Raw recovery feature enables selective repair of the corrupt PPT files
- Saves log of the repair process in a separate text file
- 'Update' feature to automatically install the latest software updates
- Shows preview of the PowerPoint files before repairing
- Searches a single PowerPoint presentation file or a group of files present in a folder or volume.
- Repairs multiple PPT or PPTX files simultaneously
- Preserves all the background styles, theme effects, and other formatting from the corrupt PowerPoint file
- Performs PowerPoint repair in MS PowerPoint 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server 2003, XP, 2000 and NT
- You can save the log report at any desired location in your system. For this, in the 'Tools' menu, click 'Save Log'.
How to Repair PPT Files
This PowerPoint file repair utility has an easy approach to repair damaged PowerPoint files by providing a rich and comprehensible user interface. The software encapsulates several features to ensure a complete and accurate recovery of data from the corrupt PowerPoint file.
The recovery process is carried out in three easy steps. First, 'Select' the damaged *.ppt or *.pptx file from the system. Next, 'Scan' the selected or all the PowerPoint files. You can preview the files before repairing by clicking the required file name in the tree view. Now, 'Save' the repaired files at any user-specified location.
The tool-bar in main user interface consists of the following options.
- Add File to Tree View: The option allow you to select the PowerPoint file that you need to repair. When you click this icon, a 'Select PowerPoint File' dialog box appears with the following sub-options.
- Select File: You can select the corrupt PowerPoint file using this option.
- Select Folder: You can choose a folder containing multiple PowerPoint files. It will list all the files in the tree view.
- Search Files: This option allows you to search the system for MS Word files if you do not remember their exact location.
- Add: Click the 'Add' button to select file for repair. You can add multiple files.
- Remove Files from Tree: You can remove files from the tree view that you don't want to recover. You should check the check-boxes of the respective files and then click this icon. If no w34file is checked, it will remove all the files.
- Start Repair: Once you click this icon, the repair process will start. The repaired files can be saved at any user-specified location.
- Stop Scan: You can use this option to stop the repair process in the middle if you do not wish to continue.
- After the scanning is complete you can save the recovered file.
Data Loss Reasons for PowerPoint Corruption
The software repairs PowerPoint files that gets corrupt due to the following major reasons:
- Power surges
- Virus or malware attack
- Malfunctioning of application
- Operating system errors
- Improper system shutdown
- Human errors
Opening the corrupt PowerPoint file may result in any of the following error messages:
- "PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by filename.ppt."
- PowerPoint can't read.
- "POWERPOINT.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created".
- "This is not a PowerPoint Presentation"
- The file may be corrupt, in use, or of a type not recognized by PowerPoint.
- "Your system is low on virtual memory. To ensure that Windows runs properly, increase the size of your virtual memory paging file."
- "Part of the file is missing."
- "???? .ppt cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server on which the presentation is stored on, may not be responding".